COVID-19 Updates and Greece Rally
We understand the situation around the world because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With a sense of responsibility, we sympathize with all the people being tested at this stage.
We also understand that scheduling is difficult, both in our personal and in our racing lives, especially for Rally Raid events like ours, which take time, effort, and a long journey.
We hope soon to restore normalcy.
The team of Greece Rally would like to inform all riders in regards to the COVID-19 virus the the 2X20 version of Greece rally will take place as scheduled.
The late summer of 2020 the Covid-19 virus will not be a threat and the race will be done as planned.
The Greece Rally Team.
The Off Road Team and Organizers of Greece Rally 2x20 met after receiving the Health protocols sent by the Ministry of Sports and the Health Committee, on Wednesday 6/5/2020, regarding the start of racing events.
Given that motorsport itself does not increase the risk of transmission of the Covid-19 virus given the distance and equipment of the competitors (helmet-gloves) and the assemblies in sports facilities (tracks), which are responsible for the spread of Covid-19, we decided and will apply, in accordance with the applicable provisions and in order to ensure the health of our athletes and staff working in the sports facilities, the following:
• The arrival / departure to / from the sports facilities will be done from a single entrance / exit, which will be controlled by the staff of the facility.
• Security will only allow entry to the athletes, coaches, doctors and technical staff provided. No visitors will enter without prior permission from the Administration of the facility.
• Upon entering the sports facility competitors will be scanned for symptoms, if the presence of any symptoms are noted they will be recorded in a special list of incoming-outgoing and will be signed by all those entering the sports facility. Those who state any of the symptoms, are not allowed to enter. A list will be archived daily, with the care of the person in charge of the installation, in order to facilitate any necessary tracking. It is recommended that, where possible, thermometer readings to be performed on those entering the facility, with denial of entry for those with a temperature of more than 37 C. In a suspected COVID-19 case, he/she is advised to see our doctor in the medical center of the race, stay at hotel room and contact his/her doctor.
• Competitors will be directed to an open space with the use of a tent. The minimum distance between tents will be 5 meters.
• In the case of either team crews or mobile crews that are constantly changing tires, it is imperative that the health rules (mask-gloves-distances-disinfectants) are followed by all those involved.
• In the paddock area, the competitor is allowed to be accompanied by one mechanic. The total number of attendees cannot exceed 80 people (including employees-medical and nursing staff-cleaning staff, etc.). All except the athletes must wear masks and gloves.
• There should be a 70% alcohol (or gel) antiseptic solution in prominent places and paddock area. Public toilets should be avoided, while sinks should always be equipped with liquid hand soap and disposable hand towels. The use of paper or plastic disposable basin covers is desirable, as is the availability of chlorine solution.
• An area (eg a locker room) will be used, if necessary, to temporarily isolate a person with COVID-19 symptoms. It is recommended to remove the person from the facility and isolate them at their home and to communicate with the Federation and he/she personal doctor, while our Central Hospital is notified in any case of a suspected case and undertakes the tracking and the provision of relevant instructions.
Competitors- Before and during the Race:
• Each competitor, prior to training, should ensure that a physician clinically examines all involved in the training and to note a detailed history, with an emphasis on clinical signs and symptoms associated with a recent infection from COVID-19 (both for the person and for his/hers family and social environment). In the event of a confirmed recent infection, the athlete will be referred to for extensive pathological and laboratory testing. The medical records of the athletes will be kept by the organizer of the race, subject to the current legislation on personal data protection.
• Competitors must have an athlete's card and a valid athlete's health insurance.
• All participants must respect all the rules, the guidelines and the instructions set from the head office of the Greece Rally race, as The Clerk of the Course, the organizer, the Chief Doctor and the Medical Personnel
• The medical team has the right to make checks and medical examination every day to all competitors at least with thermometer readings before the start and after the finish of every day route
HEALTH PROGRAM FOR MOTORCYCLE EVENTS
The Athletic Motorcycle Federation of Greece has drawn up the specific Health Protocols, which concerns the safe riding of motorcycle racing, contributing to the effort of all of us, for the elimination of Covid-19 transmission.
AMOTOE, in cooperation with the Ministry of Health, and the General Secretariat of Sports in Greece will monitor constantly the dynamics of the epidemic and will adapt measures to new situations by issuing, whenever judged necessary, new instructions.
Given that motorsport itself does not increase the risk of transmitting the Covid-19 virus and given the distances of equipment and of the athletes (helmet-gloves), but the gatherings in sports facilities (tracks), are the situation that helps spread of the virus, we decided and apply, depending on the applicable provisions and in order to ensure the health of our athletes and staff who work in sports facilities, the following:
• The movement of athletes – executives – marshals – medical personnel etc. will be done according to the Health Protocols of the Ministry of Health and the Government concerning travel and you will find them at www.gga.gov.gr.
• The overnight stay of all the above will be done according to the Health Protocols of the Ministry of Health and the Government which concerns the accommodation in hotels and you will find them at www.gga.gov.gr.
• Athletes must print the document about Athlete’s Medical privacy Record and with that must visit their doctor, who will complete it, archive it and will issue a certificate that states they do not have any symptoms of Covid 19 virus, no later than 3 days before each race. The same applies to technical staff, marshals, executives, etc.
Certificates will be kept in the race folder so that when they are requested will be available. Anyone who fails to submit this certificate is not allowed to participate.
Regarding the race venues:
• The races are organized in licensed venues, observing the health protocols of Athletic Motorcycle Federation of Greece, of the Ministry of Health and the Government, which are posted on their official websites AMOTOE and GGA.
• The arrival / departure at/from the sports venues will be done from a single entrance / exit point, which will be controlled by the facility's security personnel and the individuals in charge of the organization.
• Upon entering the sports venue it will be recorded in a special list of incoming - outgoing ONE LIST FOR EVERY DAY, name, contact details, entry time and exit, the existence of any symptoms and will be signed by all inbound to the sports venue. Anyone who denies this procedure is not allowed to enter.
• Athletes will use an open area with the use of a tent, or will use areas where allowed and follow the protocols. The minimum distance between two tents will be 2 meters.
• In the case that there are stable or mobile garages for changing tires, it is imperative that the health rules (mask-gloves-distances of 2 meters-disinfectants) be followed by all involved.
•The maximum number of allowable attendees is: 1 person per 12 sq.m. for the first 600 sq.m. of paddock area, and 1 person per 20 sq.m. for areas over 600 sq.m. All those who are in this specific area, without exception, must be wearing a mask and gloves.
•There should be a 70% antiseptic (or gel) antiseptic in visible areas of the venues. Toilets are recommended to be avoided, while sinks should always be equipped with liquid hand soap and disposable hand towels. The use of paper or disposable basin plastic covers are recommended, as is the availability of a solution bleach, according to the instructions of the protocol (homemade bleach in dilution 1:10, if used preparation of initial concentration 5%). In case of use of toilets, it is necessary to disinfected often. The organizer will make sure that there are special disposal areas for used masks, in prominent places.
• An area (e.g. a locker room) can be used if needed to persons with COVID-19 symptoms so they can be temporarily isolated. It is recommended to remove them from the venue, isolation in his home. There must be communication with the Federation, the staff and his/her doctor, while ministry of health is notified in any case of a suspected case and it will undertake the tracking and providing instructions.
After entering the sports venue and starting procedures:
• The process of technical and administrative control will be done strictly, by category. All without exception must be wearing a mask, there are antiseptic solutions in prominent places and throughout each process, a distance of 2 meters must be followed between those present. The organizers are in charge to have signs for the relevant distance.
• There will be no briefing to the athletes in any competition. The documents of the information will be in print and distributed in the area where the administrative and technical control will be carried out. It is also recommended to announce it from a microphone through speakers. The results of the races will be in a specially designed space, -in a special case- where interested athletes can get them, keeping the distance of 2 meters.
• No awards ceremonies will be held to avoid overcrowding. The winners will receive their medals and diplomas, per race, untouched, by special configured space keeping the distance of 2 meters and wearing a mask.
THE USE OF THE MASK AND MAINTENANING A DISTANCE OF THE 2 METERS IS OBLIGATORY BY ALL AND EVERYWHERE FOR THE DURATION OF COMPETITIVE MEETINGS. (Excluding the athletes during the race).
• Mandatory and strict observance of individual hygiene measures as well as INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY of all those involved in the process, this plays a decisive role in efforts from our Federation for the resumption of the racing activity.
We hope for everyone’s cooperation, in order to safely restart our sport.
Download the HEALTH PROGRAM FOR MOTORCYCLE EVENTS
Download the Medical Certication form here